Have access to the widest variety of industrial and advanced manufacturing tools in nyc
We have three different levels of membership to suit your needs. Membership is transferrable between Staten Island and Futureworks Makerspaces. Sign up at the location you plan to use the most, but feel free to book time or take a class at the other location.
Individual pricing and benefits below. Discounted group memberships are also available.
You must be 18 years or older to be a member. Many classes are open to children and teens- check the age requirements on the listings. We do offer open build nights for teens as well as family programs for children with their adults in which they have supervised access to certain non-industrial equipment including laser cutters and 3D printers.
*Members and non-members must be cleared to use any Class B industrial machinery before use. This includes most machines in the metal, wood, & machine shops, as well as the industrial sewing machines. This means you must have taken a Basic Use and Safety class on the particular machine(s) you want to use or demonstrate knowledge to a tech on-site and get a clearance pass.
**Class A machines can only be used by Makerspace NYC techs. These include the CNC milling machines and CNC router.
sign up for membership
Community give back
Free 3 month PRO memberships
To support inclusivity and accessibility at our spaces, the NYCEDC and Makerspace NYC are offering 50 free 3-month Pro level memberships per year to underserved NYC residents.
What you receive:
Participants enjoy all the benefits of a Pro Membership including full access to the metalshop, woodshop, machine shop, sewing room, laser cutters, 3D printing and electronics room for a 3 month period. All members must show proficiency on any machine in the shop before use- this can be a demonstration of your knowledge to a shop tech on duty or you can take a Basic Use and Safety class at a discounted member rate. Some equipment (waterjet cutter and CNC machines) requires an additional fee to have a shop tech set up and cut for you. For full details about Pro membership please see above.
• Income: below $50k for an individual, below $80k for families
• Must not be a current Makerspace NYC member
• Must be over 18
• Priority to Sunset Park, Brooklyn and Stapleton, Staten Island residents
• Priority to artists and creative professionals with a feasible project that can benefit from our tools and equipment
• Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis by a selection committee comprised of NYCEDC and Makerspace NYC representatives.
• Upon selection, Makerspace NYC notifies applicant of free membership, and the membership begins once the member visits the space and finalizes in person paperwork, including proof of annual income (pay stub or tax return.)
• Once the 3 months are complete, member has option to discontinue membership or continue by paying regular monthly rate at any membership level.
maker day pass
Guest access to all of our
Maker Membership Benefits
for the day.
Associate Member $30
In addition to our work areas, we have a variety of storage units available to rent. In Brooklyn, we have a separate 5000 sq ft space that has lockers and storage units in a wide variety of sizes. In Staten Island, we have shelf space and storage drawers for rent. Inquire at the membership desk at either location.
studio rentals (Staten Island only)
In addition to our work areas, we have rentable 8' x 10' studio spaces in Staten Island. These are subject to availability. Inquire at our membership desk for more information.
© 2019 MakerSpace NYC
| 450 Front St, Unit B, Staten Island, NY 10304